Cleantech in Colorado
Colorado is a leader in renewable energy and energy efficiency. The Colorado Cleantech Industry Association (a CREED stakeholder) outlines the following top reasons why Colorado and Cleantech make sense.
- More than 300 cleantech companies are located in Colorado.
- Colorado is home to the nation's largest national laboratory devoted to renewable energy research and development.
- Colorado is among the top three states in cleantech venture capital investment.
- In 2011, Colorado was home to the inaugural Celebrate Cleantech Research event, recognizing outstanding cleantech research and commercialization in the State's university labs.
- Colorado is home to clusters of companies in the wind, solar, biomass, smart grid, water, advanced transportation and energy efficiency fields.
- Colorado's major universities—the University of Colorado, Colorado State University and the Colorado School of Mines—are leaders in cleantech and renewable energy research and development.